Golden Turmeric Milk is an ancient Indian Ayurveda recipe dating back almost 3000 years. It promotes a good nights sleep and contains anti-inflammatory properties.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE GOLDEN TURMERIC MILK
Ground Turmeric Powder:
In this case, the ground turmeric powder is actually better than the fresh root as it’s more concentrated.
Ground Black Pepper:
This is key to the absorption of the nutrients in turmeric.
Milk of your Choice:
A little fat is needed to help absorb all of the nutrients in golden milk. I Prefer whole raw milk or coconut milk.
- Almond oil, coconut oil or seed oils all work well if you’re using nut milk; you don’t need to add extra fat if using the full-fat coconut milk.
Add any of the following to your golden milk for extra flavor and health benefits:
- Ground cardamom
- Star anise
- Fennel seed
- Fresh or ground ginger
- Ground cinnamon
- Raw honey
- Pure vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE GOLDEN TURMERIC MILK
- Add the almond milk, cracked black pepper, turmeric powder, cinnamon powder, grated ginger, pink salt and coconut oil to a small saucepan.
- Bring slowly to a very gentle simmer.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, add some sweetener to taste.
- Whisk well and pour into nice serving mugs.
- Sprinkle with some more cracked black pepper and cinnamon powder.
Try incorporating this recipe into your evening routine.
Turn on some relaxing music, switch your phone onto flight mode and get cosy for a good nights sleep.
Make this part of your masking ritual by applying Dirty Pretty Things treatment while you sip on this gem before bed.
500 ml milk of your choice
10 ml Coconut oil
10 ml Coconut syrup
1 teaspoon Ginger root grated
1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
½ teaspoon Cinnamon powder
½ teaspoon Black pepper - ground
1 Pinch Pink salt
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!